Children don't behave this way in purpose or from laziness. It often happens due to small bladder, excessive urine production, urinary tract infection, , chronic constipation, stress, delayed bladder maturation or a hormone imbalance.
A few children are deep sleepers and their brain doesn't acquire the signal that their bladder is filled. Additionally, in a majority of cases, bedwetting is an hereditary problem.
Kids often outgrow bedwetting as they mature, but it can be awkward and drive your child to become timid from social adventures like slumber parties.
You'll be able to help your child to prevent wetting the bed with a few easy and simple natural remedies.
Cinnamon is among the simplest home treatments for your kid to stop bedwetting. It's considered that this spice promotes body warmth.
Let your child chew a bit of cinnamon stick thoroughly once a day.
You can also combine sugar and cinnamon powder and sprinkle them on buttered toast. Give this toast to your child as breakfast. You can also use cinnamon for chest acne, diabetes, common cold and gas.
Indian gooseberry, a.k.a. amla, is an good Ayurvedic treatment for bedwetting.
Crush and deseed 2 Indian gooseberries.
- Add together 1 tablespoon of honey and a tinge of turmeric.
- Give 1 tablespoon of this solution to your child every daybreak.
For an easy remedy to remedy bedwetting, you could utilise olive oil.
Simply heat a few olive oil then when it's comfortably warm, rub it all over your child’s lower abdomen and then rub the area softly for a few minutes. Adopt this treatment every day till you're content with the outcome.
4. Cranberry Juice
Cranberry juice is excellent for the bladder and urinary tract. It's extremely suggested for children with bedwetting problems.
Though most liquids had better be avoided shortly prior to sleeping, you could give your child a cup of fresh cranberry juice 1 hour prior to sleeping. Do this process regularly for at the least a couple of weeks.
If bedwetting is due to urinary infection, give your child one-half cup of cranberry juice three times a day.
5. Walnuts and Raisins
Walnuts and raisins could also be applied to bring down the oftenness of bedwetting. A lot of children will savor this as a tasty snack.
- Give your child 2 walnuts and then 5 raisins prior to sleeping.
- Repeat this treatment for at least a couple of weeks or till you see good results.
6. Bladder Exercises
Bladder exercises assists to stretch the muscle which controls the discharge of urine from the bladder and grow bladder capacity. Muscle-strengthening and bladder-stretching exercises are thought best for bladder control.
- Have your child do a muscle-strengthening exercise requiring the tightening up of the pelvic muscles, sustaining the position for 5 to 10 seconds, then resting for 5 seconds. This exercise gets to be reprised 10 times, 3x every day.
- Encourage your child to hold off going to the bathroom for some time while the urge to urinate starts. This way might be more beneficial for unintended daytime wetting than night time but could aid to bring down the frequency of bedwetting events. It generally trains the bladder to accommodate an increased quantity of urine without setting off the need to urinate, therefore assisting children to hold their urine for 2 to 3 minutes more, each day.
Another widely known home treatment for bedwetting is honey. A lot of kids like the sweet taste of honey, making this an easy treatment to attempt.
- Simply feed your child 1 teaspoon of raw honey prior to bed.
- You could also give your child a spoonful of raw honey combined with milk for breakfast. You can also use honey for peeling fingertips, pimples, mucous cyst, high blood pressure, cracked heels and common cold.
8. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar assists to even out the body’s pH and bring down acid levels which is possibly adding to the problem. It will also help detoxification and address constipation.
- Stir 2 teaspoonfuls of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water.
- Or, add together a bit of raw honey.
- Let your child drink it with every meal. You can also use apple cider vinegar for chest acne, ear infection, yeast infection, vitiligo, diarrhea, gas, foot tendonitis, UTI, brown spot on skin and hypothyroidism.
9. Mustard Seeds
One excellent treatment for the problem of bedwetting is mustard seeds. Mustard seeds can be a large help to those enduring urinary tract infections.
- Stir 1/2 teaspoon of dry mustard seed powder in a cup of warm milk.
- Provide this drink to your child at night 1 hour prior to going to bed.
Jaggery gives a heating effect on the body. When the body stays warm from inside, the problem of bedwetting disappears before long.
- Every morning give your child a bit of jaggery along with a cup of warm milk.
- After 1 hour, give your child roasted celery seeds and roasted sesame seeds in even quantities with a pinch of rock salt.
- Do this every day for about 2 months.
- Anxiety and then stress can make bedwetting worse. So, rather than faulting or punishing your child, treat your child amorously and support to alleviate their embarrassment.
- Let your child empty the bladder precisely prior to sleeping.
- Set up night-lights and then be sure that your child gets easy access to the bathroom at nighttime.
- Give simple rewards when there are dry night.
- Encourage your child to drink a lot of fluids on mornings and afternoon but restrict fluid intake in the night time.
Stay off from caffeinated beverages, even hot chocolate, as caffeine arouses the bladder.
- Care for constipation. Urine control and stool elimination utilise the same muscles. With chronic constipation, these muscles get dysfunctional and add to bedwetting.
- Employ waterproof sheets to cover the mattress.
- You could also utilise a bedwetting alarm.
Bedwetting isn't a problem which could be resolved in a day or two. Be diligent and allow for these treatments time to work.