They're primarily induced by skin trauma like forceful pinching or analogous injury and usually take place on the hands and feet.
Although most blood blisters aren't life-threatening and could in time heal on its own, there are a lot of good home treatments in order to bring down the irritation and stop infection. Don't pop the blood blister since it can result to infection and delay healing.
Here are the top 10 ways to get rid of blood blisters.
If you do not have ice, you could also utilize a bag of frozen peas or a cold spoon.
- Place some ice cubes inside a plastic bag and enclose the bag in a small towel.
- Put the wrap upon your blister for around 10 minutes.
- Get rid of the ice for a certain time and then use it again.
- Do this a couple of times at once after the injury. You
can also use ice for itchy eyes, foot tendonitis, black eye, and pimples.
2. Witch Hazel
Witch hazel has astringent tannins that not only assist to bring down pain but also aid to dry blisters really fast. It will additionally bring down inflammation.
- Dab a little amount of witch hazel extract upon the blood blister and allow for it to dry out.
- Abide by this remedy at the least 4 times a day for 1 or 2 weeks. You can also use witch hazel for black eye.
Cucumbers have silica, a trace mineral which strengthens the connective tissues present in the skin.
Once used on the blood blister, it should assist to bring down swelling, pain and inflammation.
- Simply cut up a chilled cucumber to thick slices and place a slice across the blister for a couple of minutes. Do the process a number of times a day for a couple of days until the blister is lost.
- You could also drink a glass of fresh cucumber juice daily. You can also use
cucumber for blood blisters, peeling fingertips, tanned skin, pimples, dark underarms, dark circle and puffy eyes.
4. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera contains anti-inflammatory properties that can be valuable in dealing with blood blisters at your home. It will also cause a cooling effect and bring down pain.
- Use fresh aloe vera gel over the involved area every day for a couple of days. If aloe vera gel isn't around, you can apply aloe vera juice that you can easily obtain in the market.
- You can also combine aloe vera gel and vitamin e oil in even amounts. Use it lightly on the blister and leave it to dry out on its own. You
can also use aloe vera for chest acne, peeling fingertips, brown spot on skin, hair loss, diabetes, itchy eyes, tanned skin, heartburn and puffy eyes.
Sandalwood will rapidly draw the heat away from the blood blister and accelerate the healing process. It will also alleviate the pain and inflammation.
- Combine a few sandalwood powder and rose water to create a thick paste.
- Use this paste across the involved skin and have it to dry out on its own.
- Wash the area using cold water.
- Adopt this remedy a number of times a day.
Turmeric, recognized for its therapeutic and medicinal characteristics, is frequently used to care for skin problems like minor burns, suntans and blisters.
It's antiseptic in nature and should aid to stop infection. You can also use turmeric for chest acne, dark circle, vitiligo, boils and abscesses.
7. Tea Tree Oil
- Dilute some tea tree oil using water.
- Place this diluted mixture on the blister and then have it sit for around 10 minutes.
- Rinse the area with cold water.
- Repeat a few times daily until the blister heals. You
can also use tea tree oil for chest acne, ear infection, yeast infection, UTI, and pimples.
8. Epsom Salt
- Combine some warm water and a bit of epsom salt.
- Use this to clean the blister. You can also use epsom salt for tendonitis and cracked heels.
9. Garlic Oil
- Slightly heat natural garlic oil and leave it to cool down to room temperature.
- Lightly massage the oil over the involved area.
- Let it work for around half an hour so that it permeates deep into the skin.
- Wash the area well using cool water. If required, you can apply a mild cleanser to cleanse the area.
- Abide by this treatment a number of times a day. You
can also use garlic for ear infection, yeast infection, vaginal odor, high blood pressure, gas, pimples, boils and abscesses.
10. Tea Bag
- Place a used tea bag inside the refrigerator as long as half an hour.
- Put the damp tea bag over the blister for a couple of minutes.
- Do this at the least 2x a day for as long as 2 to 3 weeks.