The common cold is caused by a myriad of different viruses. The common symptoms of a cold are headaches, a runny nose, cough, high fever, itchy eyes, sore throat, body aches and a whole lot more.
It is imperative that you treat cold immediately before it leads to strep throat, bronchitis and pneumonia.
Lucky for you, there a lot of natural remedies to help you get some relief against the common cold
This is the top 10 natural remedies for a common cold:
- Mix together one crushed garlic clove, two teaspoons lemon juice, one teaspoon honey, and half a teaspoon cayenne pepper or red chilli powder. Consume it daily until the symptoms subside.
- Boil four to five chopped garlic cloves in a cup of water and add one teaspoon of honey. Drink it two to three times a day.
- You can also eat raw garlic or use a few drops of garlic oil in your food and drinks. You can also use garlic for blood blisters, ear infection, yeast infection, vaginal odor, high blood pressure, gas, pimples, boils and abscesses.
Honey soothes irritated throats as well as lessening the lifespan of colds. The rich levels of nutrients and enzymes in honey eliminates bacteria and viruses contributing to colds.
- The simplest home remedy is to consume a mixture of one teaspoon of lemon juice and two teaspoons of honey. Take it every two hours to get immense relief from your cold and sore throat.
- If you prefer, you can simply swallow a spoonful of raw honey. You can also use honey for peeling fingertips, pimples, bed wetting, high blood pressure, cracked heels and mucous cyst.
3. Spice Tea
- Dry roast and grind a quarter cup of coriander seeds. One and a half tablespoons each of cumin and fennel seeds, and a quarter teaspoon of fenugreek seeds.
- Boil one cup of water.
- Go ahead and add one and a half tablespoon of that spice powder and one and a half teaspoon of rock candy (misri).
- Get it simmering for three to four minutes.
- Now add two tablespoons of milk.
- Let the solution boil and strain it.
- Sip it slowly while hot.
- Drink this spice tea everyday until the symptoms slowly disappears
- Consume raw ginger or drink ginger tea frequently in a day. To heighten the effectiveness of ginger tea, just add a lemon juice and honey to it.
- You can produce a paste of ginger, cloves and salt and consume one-half teaspoon of it two times a day.
- In cases of a runny nose, mix even amounts of dry ginger powder, clarified butter (ghee) and jaggery (gur), a natural sweetener. Eat this mixture daily in the morning on an empty stomach. You can also use ginger for vitiligo, heartburn, diarrhea, tanned skin, gas, and hypothyroidism.
5. Chicken Soup
It will also improve immunity and recover strength in your tired body. You can create homemade chicken soup using organic vegetables and chicken, for great results.
6. Red Onion
- Slice two to three red onions horizontally. Put one slice of onion in a bowl and add raw honey. Repeat the process until the bowl is full.
- Cover the bowl and leave it for 12 to 15 hours. When you open the bowl, there will be thick liquid like syrup.
- Drink a spoonful of the syrup several times a day to get relief from sore throats and other symptoms of a cold. You can also use onion for ear infection, brown spot on skin, boil and abscesses, and high blood pressure.
- Suffering from a runny nose? Introduce pepper on your food when you eat. And you can gargle with a glass of warm water with a mixture of a teaspoon of black pepper.
- If you cannot feed or drink pepper, you can still gain from smelling pepper during the day.
8. Mullein Tea
- To have mullein tea, fill up a strainer with dried mullein herb and place it in a cup of boiling water for five to ten minutes.
- Add up a a bit of honey to it and drink it two or three times a day.
- Boil milk then add in one-half teaspoon of turmeric power and one-half tablespoon of ginger powder (you can also apply fresh ginger).
- Make it possible for the milk to cool down to room temperature so that you can drink it without burning your mouth. Attempt to drink it two times a day and particularly before going to sleep. You can also use milk for dark underarms, peeling fingertips, itchy eyes, heartburn, tanned skin, boils and abscesses.
- Add together a tablespoon of powdered cinnamon and two cloves in a glass of boiling water water and let it simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Strain then drink it while it is still hot. For best results, you can put some honey in there as as well. Drink it one to three times a day.
- If you choose, you can consume a few drops of cinnamon bark oil with honey.