Dandruff can be checked by conforming to a healthy haircare procedure. You can also attempt certain simple natural home remedies. It's true that natural treatments acquire time to display results but they can effectively deal with the problem entirely.
Here are the top 10 natural remedies for dandruff.
1. Indian Lilac
- Boil a handful of neem leaves inside 4 cups of water.
- Let it cool down and strain the solution.
- Apply this decoction as a hair rinse 2 or 3x in a week. You
can also use indian lilac for vitiligo, vaginal odor, and boils and abscesses.
2. Coconut Oil
- Take some coconut oil and then mix half the quantity of lemon juice in it.
- Rub it along your scalp and massage for a couple of minutes.
- Rinse your hair after at the least 20 minutes.
- Abide by this treatment 2 to 3x a week.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar
- Take 2 tablespoonfuls of apple cider vinegar.
- Mix together an equivalent amount of water and 15-20 drops of tea tree oil in it.
- Use it on your scalp and massage. Wash your hair after a couple of minutes.
- Stick to this natural treatment 2 or 3x a week. You can also use apple cider vinegar for chest acne, ear infection, yeast infection, vitiligo, bed wetting, gas, foot tendonitis, UTI, brown spot on skin and hypothyroidism.
4. Baking Soda
Being a mild exfoliant, baking soda aids to get rid of dead skin cells and then assimilates extra oil. It can also assist to even out ph levels on the scalp and bring down the development of fungi that results to dandruff.
- Wet your hair and then rub a handful of baking soda along your scalp.
- After a few minutes, wash your hair considerably with warm water.
- Do this once or 2x a week for a couple of weeks.
5. White Vinegar
White vinegar is among the finest home treatments for dandruff. Vinegar contains acetic acid which stops the growth of fungi on your scalp and alleviates itching.
Add together 1/2 cup of vinegar to 2 cups of water. Wash your hair using this concoction after shampooing your hair.
Alternatively, massage your scalp with a solution of 2 parts white vinegar, 1 part olive oil and 3 parts water. Later on, in about 10 minutes, rinse it away and shampoo your hair with a mild shampoo.
Stick to either of these treatments once or 2x a week. You can also use vinegar for vaginal odor, foot tendonitis and dark underarms.
6. Olive Oil
Scalp dryness can be healed using habitual use of extra-virgin olive oil, an efficient natural moisturizer.
- Heat some extra virgin olive oil just until it's somewhat warm.
- Massage it along your scalp then wrap up your hair in a warm towel.
- Allow for it to work for at least 45 minutes or all night then shampoo and condition your hair.
7. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil contains potent antifungal contents, making it an excellent remedy for dandruff.
Simply add together a couple of drops of tea tree oil to your regular shampoo when you've washed your hair. Add 1 drop of this essential oil per ounce of shampoo. You can additionally thin out the oil by adding together a couple of drops of tea tree oil to a tablespoon of olive oil or coconut oil. Use them on your hair, allow the solution to work for at the least 30 minutes or all night then wash your hair. Repeat once or 2x a week. You can also use tea tree oil for chest acne, blood blisters, ear infection, yeast infection, UTI, and pimples.
8. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice has acids which combats the fungi that can result to dandruff. It also aids to remedy itching on the scalp.
Stir the juice of half a lemon in one-quarter cup of plain yogurt. Use them on your hair and scalp. Let it work for about 20 minutes prior to washing it off and shampooing your hair.
As an option, you can simply massage your scalp with a couple of teaspoons of lemon juice combined with a bit of water. Give it time to work for 5 minutes prior to rinsing it out and shampooing your hair.
Do either of these treatments a couple of times a week.
Replicate this treatment a couple of times in a week. You can also use lemons for chest acne, dark circle, high blood pressure, vaginal odor, dark underarms, gas, brown spot on skin, tanned skin and pimples.
Aspirin carries salicylic acid which could aid to check dandruff by exfoliating your scalp.
Crush 2 aspirins into a fine powder and then combine it with a blob of shampoo. Rinse your hair using the mixture, massaging it onto your scalp. Let it work for a couple of minutes then wash your hair well. Whenever you wish, wash your hair once more using normal shampoo to get rid of the powder totally.
As an option, crush 3 aspirins and then dissolve the powder in 1 tablespoon of vinegar. Massage the solution into your scalp. Let it work for 30 minutes and then rinse your hair in its entirety.
Similar to aspirin, listerine could also be applied to deal with dandruff, this is due to its antifungal properties and alcohol content. Just employ listerine to wash your hair once a week.
10. Fenugreek Seeds
The herb fenugreek contains antifungal and soothing properties which could assist to moderate dandruff heavily.
- Soak 2 to 3 tablespoonfuls of fenugreek seeds in water all night. When the morning comes, grind it to a fine paste. You can also add together a couple of teaspoons of plain yogurt to that.
- Use the paste over your scalp and let it work for a couple of hours.
- Rinse off using shampoo to your hair.
- Repeat once or 2x a week.