A few of the primary reasons behind the appearance of dark circles are genetics, aging, dry skin, extended crying, working for long hours before a computer, mental or physical stress, lack of sleep and an unhealthful diet. Both men and women of various age bracket* can have dark circles.
Dark circles are not a severe skin disease, but they cause people to look exhausted, depleted, unhealthy and aged. You can easily eliminate ugly shadows under your eyes off with some easy home treatments.
Here are the top 10 ways to eliminate dark circles fast.
1. Almond Oil
Almond oil represents an excellent natural ingredient that's really good for the fragile skin around your eyes. Habitual use of almond oil should help fade your under eye circles. Similar to almond oil, you can try vitamin e oil to get rid of dark circles under the eyes.
- Prior to sleeping, use a bit of almond oil across the dark circles and lightly massage it into the skin.
- Let it work overnight.
- The following morning, rinse it using cold water.
- Stick to this remedy every day until the dark circles vanish.
Cucumbers contain skin-lightening and mild astringent characteristics which help repair those raccoon eyes naturally. Additionally, they have a soothing and invigorating effect.
- Slice a fresh cucumber into thick pieces and then chill them in the refrigerator for half an hour. Place the slices onto the involved skin region for around 10 minutes. Rinse the area using water. Do this 2x every day for about a week or more.
- An alternative option is to add cucumber juice with lemon juice in even quantities. Employ a cotton ball to apply the solution on the involved skin. Let it work for 15 minutes then wash it using water. Abide by this treatment every day for at the least 1 week. You can also use
cucumber for blood blisters, peeling fingertips, tanned skin, pimples, dark underarms, and puffy eyes.
3. Raw Potato
There are natural bleaching agents exisiting in potato that can assist to lighten dark circles and eliminate puffiness around the eyes.
- Grate 1 or 2 raw potatoes in order to extract the juice. Soak a cotton ball in the juice and then put it on the top of your closed eyes.
- Make certain the juice blankets the dark circles below your eyes in addition to the eyelids.
- Leave the juice to sit as long as 10 to 15 minutes. Wash your eyelids well using cool water. Do this once or 2x every day for a couple of weeks. You can also use potato
for black eye, dark underarms, puffy eyes and tanned skin.
4. Rose Water
Rose water contains an astounding ingredient for skincare. It regenerates the skin and gives a comforting result on tired eyes. Because of its mild astringent contents, it also acts as an excellent skin toner.
- Soak cotton eye pads in pure rose water for as long as a couple of minutes.
- Place the soaked pads over your closed eyelids.
- Allow them on for as long as around 15 minutes.
- Stick to this treatment 2x every day for a couple of weeks. You can also use rose water for cracked heels and itchy eyes.
Tomatoes feature bleaching characteristics that can lighten skin heavily.
- Combine 1 teaspoon of tomato juice along with 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice. Lightly use this solution upon the dark circles and leave it to sit for as long as 10 minutes. Wash it using water. Stick with this remedy 2x in a day for a couple of weeks. Just using tomato juice could also work.
- You could also drink a glass of tomato juice along with some mint leaves, lemon juice and salt. For best results, make sure to drink this juice right away after making it. Drink it once or 2x a day as long as close to a week.
6. Lemon Juice
The vitamin c inside lemon juice can also assist to get rid of dark circles below the eyes, thanks to its skin-lightening contents.
- Utilize a cotton ball in order to apply fresh lemon juice around your eyes. Let it work for around 10 minutes and then wash it off. Repeat once every day for a couple of weeks.
- An alternative choice is to create a thick paste by combining 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of tomato puree, a hint of gram flour (besan) and turmeric powder. Use this thick paste softly around your eyes. Wash it using clean water after 10 to 15 minutes. Do this two or 3x weekly. You can also use lemons for chest acne, high blood pressure, vaginal odor, dark underarms, gas, dandruff, brown spot on skin, tanned skin and pimples.
7. Coconut Oil
Massaging using coconut oil is yet another good natural treatment to lighten dark circles. Because of its moisturizing quality, coconut oil also leads to smooth skin and stops wrinkles and fine lines below the eyes.
- Using extra-virgin coconut oil, massage it on the under eye area.
- Let it work for a couple of hours, then rinse it off.
- Do this 2 to 3x every day for a couple of months or until you're content with the results.
8. Tea Bags
The caffeine and antioxidants inside tea can be extremely good for removing dark circles in addition to puffiness below eyes by shrinking the blood vessels and cutting down fluid retention. The tannins, particularly, assists to diminish swelling and discoloration.
- Cool down 2 used green or black tea bags inside the refrigerator for around 30 minutes.
- Put 1 tea bag on the top of each eye and let it work for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Get rid of the tea bags and then rinse your face.
- Do this once or 2x every day for a couple of weeks. You
can also use tea for blood blisters and puffy eyes.
9. Cold Compress
Cold compress can squeeze the blood vessels below the eyes and aid a good deal in bringing down eye puffiness and dark circles.
- Soak a washcloth using cold water or cold milk. Place it on the top of your closed eyelids for a number of minutes.
- As an option, you can wrap a couple of ice cubes inside a soft napkin and put it below your eyes for a couple of minutes. You could also utilize a bag of frozen peas, a chilled teabag or a cold spoon. You
can also use ice for itchy eyes, blood blisters, foot tendonitis, black eye, and pimples.
Turmeric contains antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that can assist to bring down dark circles. It will also get the skin around your eyes less wrinkled and softer.
- Combine 2 teaspoons each of turmeric powder along with pineapple juice in order to create a thick paste.
- Use this paste to the involved area.
- Leave it for around 10 minutes prior to wiping it off using a soft, damp cloth.
- Repeat every day until you get favorable results.
- Get sufficient sleep and rest.
- Stay off from rubbing your eyes a bit much or too frequently as it gets the blood vessels to dilate, therefore causing the under eye circles to appear darker.
- Take away your make-up prior to going to bed or else it could irritate your eyes.
- Avoid sun exposure.
- Drink a lot of water the entire day in order to remove water retention that could be making the problem.
- To fend off eye bags made by pooling of fluids in your lower eyelids, raise your head by adding 2 or more pillows under your head prior to going to bed.
- Pay attention to your dieting and consume foods high in vitamins a, c and e.
- Stop smoking and cut back on alcohol and caffeine consumption; smoking hurts skin cells, and alcohol and caffeine lead to dehydration which successively undermines the soft skin around the eyes. You
can also use turmeric for chest acne, blood blisters, vitiligo, boils and abscesses.