Some of the common symptoms of diabetes include fatigue, weight loss (even though you are eating more), excessive thirst, increased urination, cut and bruises that are slow to heal and blurred vision.
While there is no cure for diabetes, with your blood sugar level under control you can live a totally normal life. There are various natural remedies for diabetes that will help you control your blood sugar level.
We present the top 10 natural remedies for diabetes. It is important you consult a doctor for thorough diagnosis and treatment.
1. Bitter Gourd
Bitter gourd, also referred to as bitter melon, can be assistive in managing diabetes because of its blood glucose lowering results. It influences the glucose metabolism all over your body rather than a specific organ or tissue.
Drink Bitter Melon Juice to Keep Your Blood Sugar Levels in Control
It assists in the enhancement of pancreatic insulin secretion and stops insulin resistance. Hence, bitter gourd is good for both type 1 and type 2 diabetes. Even so, it cannot be utilised to completely replace insulin treatment.
- * Drink bitter gourd juice with an empty stomach every morning. First get rid of the seeds of two to three bitter gourds and utilise a juicer to draw out the juice. Mix some water, then drink it.
- * Do this treatment all day every morning for at least 2 months.
- * Also, you can add one dish made of bitter gourd all day in your diet.
Powdered cinnamon possess the ability to bring down blood sugar levels by accelerating insulin activity. It comprises of bioactive components that can assists in the prevention and combatting of diabetes.
Certain trials have displayed that it can work as an efecient option to contain blood sugar levels in circumstances of uncontrolled type-2 diabetes.
Cinnamon, nonetheless, should not be used in excessive amounts because we commonly employ Cassia cinnamon which has a compound called coumarin. It's toxic compound that enhances the risk of liver damage.
There exists another form of this herb known as Ceylon cinnamon or “true cinnamon.” It is believed better for health but its effects on blood glucose levels was not studied completely.
- * Add one-half to one teaspoon of cinnamon in a cup of warm water. Drink this all day.
- * There is an option is to boil two to four cinnamon sticks in one cup of water and permit it to absorb for 20 minutes. Drink this solution all day until you see some betterment.
- * You can also add cinnamon into warm beverages and smoothies and baked goods. You can also use cinnamon for chest acne, common cold, bed wetting and gas.
This an herb that can also be utilised to control diabetes, better improve glucose tolerance and lower blood sugar levels because of its hypoglycaemic processes. It also accelerates the secretion of glucose-dependent insulin. Because it is high in fiber, it tempers the assimilation of carbohydrates and sugars.
- * Soak 2 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds in water all night. Drink the water with the seeds in the morning on an empty stomach. Do this remedy straight for a couple of months to essentially bring down your glucose level.
- * Another alternative is to consume two tablespoons of powdered fenugreek seeds all day with milk. You can also use fenugreek for vaginal odor, dandruff, hair loss, high blood pressure, diarrhea and common cold.
4. Indian Gooseberry (Amla)
- * Take 2 to 3 Indian gooseberries, get rid of the seeds then grind it into a really fine paste. Put the paste in cloth and draw out the juice. Add two tablespoon of the juice in one cup of water and drink it all day on an empty stomach.
- * Another option is to mix 1 tablespoon of Indian gooseberry juice in a cup of bitter gourd juice and drink it all day for a couple of months. You can also use amla for vaginal odor, UTI, bed wetting and hair loss.
5. Black Plum or Indian Black Berry (Jambul)
Black plum or jambul, also referred to as jamun can aid a lot in checking blood sugar level because it possesses anthocyanins, ellagic acid, hydrolysable tannins etc.
Every part of the Jambul plant like as the leaves, berry and seeds can be utilised by those enduring diabetes. As a matter of fact, studies has shown that the fruits and seeds of this particular plant have hypoglycemic effects as they assist in reducing blood and urine sugar levels very fast.
The seeds, particularly, comprise of glycoside jamboline and alkaloid jambosine that govern blood sugar levels.
Whensoever this seasonal fruit is in stock in the market, try to admit it in your diet as it can be effectual for the pancreas. Or you can produce a powder of dried seeds of Jambul fruit and ingest this powder with water 2x a day. This kind of fruit is very common and native to India and its neighboring countries but you can encounter it in Asian markets and herbal shops.
6. Mango Leaves
The soft and sensitive mango leaves can be utilised to treat diabetes by controlling insulin levels in the blood. They can also aid in improving blood lipid profiles.
- * Soak up to 10 to 15 tender mango leaves in a glass of water all night. Come morning, filter out the water and drink with an empty stomach.
- * You can dry the leaves as well in the shade and grind them. Consume one-half teaspoon of powdered mango leaves 2 times all day.
7. Curry Leaves
Curry leaves are important in the prevention and control of diabetes as they have anti-diabetic elements. It is assumed that they contain an ingredient that reduces the rate at which starch is transformed to glucose in diabetics.
So, you can just chew about ten fresh curry leaves all day in the morning. For great results, keep doing this treatment for 3 to 4 months. It also assists in lowering high cholesterol levels and addresses fitness problems like obesity.
8. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera gel assists in lowering fasting blood glucose levels. It has phytosterols that contains potential anti-hyperglycemic effects for type 2 diabetes.
The mixture of aloe vera gel, bay leaves and turmeric has proven helpful for managing blood sugar levels. To create this herbal medicine:
- 1. Mix one-half teaspoon each of ground bay leaves and turmeric and one tablespoon of aloe vera gel.
- 2. Eat this 2x everyday, before lunch and dinner. You can also use aloe vera for chest acne, blood blisters, peeling fingertips, brown spot on skin, hair loss, mucous cyst, itchy eyes, tanned skin, and puffy eyes.
Because of its vitamin C and rich fiber content, eating guava can be really good in controlling the blood sugar level. It is best for diabetics to not eat the skin of the fruit and first peel it. However, too much of guava in a day is not encouraged.
Okra is also referred to as ladies' finger, it has components such as polyphenolic molecules that can aid in reducing blood glucose levels and keep in check diabetes.
A study also found okra seed and peel powder to possess antidiabetic and antihyperlipidemic properties.
* Slice off the ends of a couple of okras and prick them in many places with a fork. Soak the okras in a glass of water all night. In the morning, get rid the okras and drink the water with an empty stomach. Do this all day for many weeks.
* You can also include okra in your diet.
*Here are some additional tips*
- * Keep watching out for your blood sugar levels.
- * Follow a healthy diet and keep exercising daily.
- * Get a lot of fiber in your diet.
- * Just a few minutes of all day exposure to sunlight can also assist in controlling diabetes because it assists in the development of vitamin D, which is important for insulin production.
- * Drink plenty of water all day. In fact, substitute your regular sodas and sugary juices with water. Besides hydration, water also assists to break down sugars.
- * Practice deep breathing techniques and meditation, listen to your favorite music, or work on your hobby to alleviate stress as it could bring up your blood sugar.