This burning sensation is caused by acidic stomach juices climbing into the esophagus when the valve in the middle of the esophagus and stomach doesn't close the right way. This is why heartburn oftentimes happens after eating fatty, fried, or acidic foods.
Other familiar symptoms of this problem are gas, nausea, bloating, trouble in breathing and a sour taste in the throat and mouth. An assortment of natural remedies can offer relief.
Here are the top 10 natural remedies for heartburn.
1. Baking Soda
Just mix 1 teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water. Drink it for quick relief. You could also mix a couple of drops of lemon juice in this concoction. You can also use baking soda for chest acne, UTI, vaginal odor, dark underarms, dandruff, pimples and gas.
2. Fennel Seeds
Chewing fennel seeds numerous times a day can freshen your breath while also keeping in line the production of stomach acid.
You may also drink tea created from fennel seeds. To make this herbal tea:
- Add together two teaspoons of fennel seeds to a cup of boiling water.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes then strain it into a cup.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of crushed mint leaves to a cup of water.
- Allow it to process for about 30 minutes.
- Drink this solution for 2 to 3 times a day.
Fresh ginger gives relief from heartburn in 2 manners – it assimilates acid inside the stomach and helps to calm the nerves that impart heartburn.
You could utilise ginger as a spice in cooking, consume raw ginger pieces or drink ginger tea. This natural herb can be eaten on a regular basis to stop heartburn from repeating.
To produce ginger tea:
- Add 1 teaspoon of newly grated ginger to 1 cup of boiling water.
- Let it immerse for some minutes.
- Drink this herbal tea numerous times in a single day. You can also use ginger for vitiligo, common cold, diarrhea, gas and hypothyroidism.
Whenever you suffer from acid reflux that gives way to heartburn, vinegar can activate the sphincter beneath the esophagus to close down, therefore keeping acid from going up. From all the several types of vinegar, apple cider vinegar generally works best.
- Just add together 1 or 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar to a glass of water.
- Drink it prior to each meal. You can also use vinegar for vaginal odor, dandruff, foot tendonitis and dark underarms.
6. Aloe Vera Juice
The juice produced from the aloe vera plant is a widely known home treatment for heartburn. Aloe vera juice moderates heartburn by bringing down inflammation and healing the digestive tract.
For finest results, drink one-quarter cup of the juice approximately 20 minutes prior to eating a meal. Be sure not to drink too much of it in 1 day because it could result to diarrhea and abdominal pain. You can also use aloe vera for chest acne, blood blisters, peeling fingertips, brown spot on skin, hair loss, diabetes, itchy eyes, tanned skin, mucous cyst and puffy eyes.
Drinking a glass of chilled milk may represent a simple solution for early or moderate heartburn symptoms. Milk loosens the valve between the stomach and esophagus.
If you do not have milk, you could sample different types of dairy products. This home treatment is most effective for people who go through heartburn on rare occasions. You can also use milk for dark underarms, peeling fingertips, common cold, itchy eyes, tanned skin, boils and abscesses.
8. Slippery Elm
Slippery elm was used medicinally for centuries to care for different instances of diseases which includes heartburn. It can thicken the mucous lining inside your stomach producing an powerful barrier against acid.
9. Cabbage Juice
- Grind fresh cabbage and 2 carrots inside a blender or juicer.
- Drink 1/2 cup of this juice early in the morning on an empty stomach to stop heartburn from occuring.
- Immediately after a meal or snack, consume 3 to 4 almonds.
- You can prefer raw, roasted or salted almonds to accommodate your taste buds.
- Chew them until they're diminished to a flour-like substance. This should bring out the oil from the almonds, that slows creation of acid inside your stomach.
- Add 1 teaspoon of slippery elm powder to a cup of hot water.
- Drink it right after your meals and at bedtime.