Itchy eyes is a disagreeable itchy feeling in and around the eyes. The problem can be repeating for those who often times touch or rub their eyes.
For fast relief, you can attempt some natural treatments. A lot of these remedies use promptly available ingredients in your kitchen.
In case the problem is worse or caused by an underlying medical condition then consult your eye care professional. Health experts advise checking out the cause of itchy eyes before researching for the solution.
Here is the top 10 natural remedies for your itchy eyes.
1. Cold Compress
Chamomile tea bags are used as cold compresses which can also ease itching eyes.
- Put the used chamomile tea bags inside the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Then place the chilled tea bags over the affected eye(s) for at least 10 minutes.
- Repeat three to four times a day for quick recovery. You can also use ice for mucous cyst, blood blisters, foot tendonitis, black eye, and pimples.
- Completely wash a cucumber and slice it into thin pieces. Refrigerate the slices for 15 to 20 minutes, and then place them over your eyes for at least 10 minutes.
- Do the process 4 to 5 times a day. You can also use cucumber for blood blisters, peeling fingertips, tanned skin, pimples, dark underarms, dark circle and puffy eyes.
3. Cold Milk
- Pat a cotton ball in cold milk and rub it all around the eyes. You can also put a cotton ball drenched in milk on the eyes as a compress for a quick cooling effect.
- Repeat this twice a day, in the morning and in the evening. You can also use milk for dark underarms, peeling fingertips, common cold, heartburn, tanned skin, boils and abscesses.
- Rinse your eyes with rosewater at least twice a day. You can also use rosewater as eye drops for instant relief.
- Put three drops of rosewater into the inflamed eye. You can also use rose water for dark circle, cracked heels and itchy eyes.
5. Water and Salt
- Make a natural eye wash by mixing a cup of distilled water with one teaspoon of salt. Boil the solution until the salt dissolves completely.
- Allow the solution to cool and then use it to flush the eyes.
- Repeat several times a day for two to three days. You can also use salt for ear infection, puffy eyes and mucous cyst.
6. Green Tea
Green tea has a lot of health advantages which includes offering relief from itchy eyes. It comforts the eyes and contains anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Create an eye wash by boiling two green tea bags in one cup of distilled water. Permit it to cool off entirely.
- Flush the eyes two times a day using the solution until your symptoms are gone.
7. Aloe Vera
- Blend aloe vera gel extracted from aloe leaves with one teaspoon of honey and one-half cup of elderberry blossom tea. Rinse off your eyes with the solution at least two times a day until the problem is gone.
- Or, you can simply employ aloe vera juice as an eyewash. You can also use aloe vera for chest acne, blood blisters, peeling fingertips, brown spot on skin, hair loss, diabetes, mucous cyst, tanned skin, and puffy eyes.
- Slice a raw potato into thin pieces and put them in the refrigerator for several minutes.
- Then, put the chilled slices over your eyes for approx. 20 minutes.
- Do this every day for two or three days, at night or just before sleeping. You can also use potato for dark circle, black eye, dark underarms, puffy eyes and tanned skin
- dowse fenugreek seeds in water for approx. eight hours and then create a smooth paste from them.
- Put the paste over your eyes and leave it for twenty minutes. Then you can wash the paste off using cold water.
- Repeat this twice everyday for great results. You can also use fenugreek for vaginal odor, dandruff, hair loss, high blood pressure, diarrhea and diabetes.
10. Vegetable Juices
These natural treatments for itchy eyes are very effectual and does not come with side effects. But if you don’t get respite from the itchiness, consult an eye specialist.