It can occur whenever a salivary gland is injured or blocked. These generally results from the biting of the soft tissue inside the mouth, especially due to adjacent teeth.
*Large cysts in particular can cause pain and discomfort. and can even be painful to direct touch. Surace mucoceles may explode releasing straw-colored fluid. Deeper ones may take a while.
Not brushing your teeth and occasionally biting your tongue or the insides of your mouth can lead to this condition.
A mucous cyst leads to a lot of pain, it may even hinder you from eating or speaking. These cysts are usually rounded in shape, bluish or whitish in color and are characterized a raised swelling.
*Mucocele is often be mistaken for canker sores but keep in mind that mucoceles show as raised blisters whereas the latter appear as sores. They can however dissolve on their own. Before trying any medications, consult a doctor for more serious cases.
Here are the top 10 natural remedies for mucoceles.
- * Mix 1 teaspoon of raw honey and ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder. Apply the paste on the inflicted part and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes. Next, gargle with lukewarm water. Repeat 2 or 3 times a day. Also, apply honey on the affected area before going to sleep.
- * Getting some manuka honey on the afflicted area just a few times a day will assist in getting rid of the mucous cyst in a few weeks. You can also use honey for peeling fingertips, pimples, bed wetting, high blood pressure, cracked heels and common cold.
- Completely mix ½ tablespoon of salt in one cup of warm water.
- Then use it as a mouthwash.
- Repeat these three or four times a day. You can also use salt for ear infection, puffy eyes and itchy eyes.
- Go ahead and wrap some ice cubes in a thin washcloth. Then place it on the affected area for about one minute for some relief. Do this a few times a day.
- You can drink cold water occasionally to lessen your feeling discomfort. You can also use ice for itchy eyes, blood blisters, foot tendonitis, black eye, and pimples.
It is highly recommended to use vegetable glycerin for oral cases.
- Gently apply vegetable glycerin on the inflicted area. Give it time to work then rinse your mouth with cool water. Repeat this for 3 or 4 times a day.
- Glycerin-based mouthwash to clean your mouth several times every day.
5. Moist Tea Bag
Tea has tannic acid, a type of astringent which reduces pain and inflammation and quickens the healing process.
- After steeping a cup of tea with a tea bag, cool the bag in the refrigerator for thirty minutes.
- Lightly press the cooled, wet tea bag over the inflicted area for about ten to fifteen minutes.
- Repeat this two or three times a day until the oral cyst is cured. You can also use tea for blood blisters, dark circle and puffy eyes.
6. Aloe Vera
- Extract the gel from an aloe vera leaf. Apply it directly on the affected area. Allow it to sit for 20 minutes, then rinse your mouth with lukewarm water. Use this natural remedy a few times daily for several days.
- You can also rinse your mouth with fresh aloe vera juice 3 or 4 times a day. You can also use aloe vera for chest acne, blood blisters, peeling fingertips, brown spot on skin, hair loss, diabetes, itchy eyes, tanned skin, heartburn and puffy eyes.
Turmeric possesses antibacterial and anti-inflammatory elements, so it can be used to treat a lot of medical problems, including mucoceles.
- Start with 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder and add some milk to make a paste. Using a cotton ball, apply the paste on the affected area. Wait 30 minutes, then rinse your mouth using lukewarm water. Repeat this natural remedy 2 or 3 times a day.
- You can also apply fresh turmeric juice directly on the affected area 2 or 3 times daily for several days. You can also use turmeric for chest acne, blood blisters, dark circle, vitiligo, boils and abscesses.
- Add 2 to 3 teaspoons of fresh or dried sage leaves to two cups of boiling water.
- Cover it then let it precipitate for about 15 minutes.
- Strain and permit the solution to cool off.
- Use it to rinse your mouth a few times a day. You can also use sage for foot tendonitis.
9. Castor Oil
It contains high anti-inflammatory properties to reduce pain and inflammation related with large mucoceles. It also sustains the area with moisture and prevents irritation.
- Mix even amounts of castor oil and honey.
- Then with a cotton ball, rub this solution on the affected area.
- Leave it for about 10 minutes, next rinse your mouth with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this process 2 or 3 times a day for the best results.
10. Licorice Root
- Soak 1 tablespoon of licorice root powder in two cups of hot water for a few of hours. Then strain and using it as mouth rinse several times a day.
- Applying licorice root powder to the inflicted area a couple times a day can hasten the healing process.
- Regularly check the cyst for infection.
- Do not get in the habit of biting your lips!.
- Chewing on sugarless gum can help you avoid biting the affected area.