There are a number of factors in the back of this skin problem. A few of the recognized reasons are dry skin, sunburn, eczema, psoriasis, cold and dry weather, regular washing of hands, application of harsh chemicals, and allergic reaction*.
Infections like certain types of staph infections, fungal infections, vitamin deficiencies or a few additional conditions could also add to this problem.
Peeling fingertips is typically a short-lived problem and should heal in a couple of days once new skin is generated. Nonetheless, whenever peeling fingertips is making a problem for you, there are a few natural remedies that you can try out at home to accelerate the healing process.
Here are the top 10 ways to get rid of peeling fingertips.
1. Warm Water Soak
Drench your hands using warm water for almost 10 minutes daily to treat peeling fingertips. There are 2 advantages of this simple cure. First, the skin round your fingertips can become supple, and second, the dried skin will begin to falloff.
For best outcome, add some honey and lemon juice into warm water prior to wetting your hands using it. After soaking, pat dry your hands and apply some quality moisturizer, or simply vitamin e oil. You can additionally apply a few olive oil to sustain the moisture level of your hands.
Cucumber can also be utilized to deal with peeling fingertips. It will assist to keep your skin refreshed, moisturized and smooth.
Cut a fresh cucumber into thickly slices. Softly rub the slices over the involved skin so that the juice soaks up well into the skin. You can also use grated cucumber across the inflicted skin for around half an hour and then rinse it using lukewarm water. Do this every day until you're fulfilled with the outcome. You can also use cucumber for blood blisters, tanned skin, pimples, dark underarms, dark circle and puffy eyes.
An alternative kitchen item which can be used to address peeling fingertips is oats. This treatment will in effect get rid of dead skin cells from your fingers and have them looking soft and smooth.
- Add a smattering of powdered oats in a big bowl of warm water.
- Dowse your fingers in it for as long as 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse your hands using clean water and then pat dry gently with a soft cotton towel.
- Use a gentle moisturizer.
- For best results, stick to this treatment regularly prior to sleeping.
4. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil constitutes an awesome home treatment for several skin problem* which includes peeling skin. It moisturizes your skin and makes it soft and supple.
It has medium chain fatty acids which allow for it to permeate rapidly into the skin. Therefore, it fights dryness, itching and flaking. Additionally, its antifungal and antibacterial characteristics protect versus infections.
Just use coconut oil freely upon your peeling fingertips numerous times a day. For top results, let it work overnight and rinse it off the following morning. You can also use coconut oil for vitiligo, dandruff, hypothyroidism and dark underarms
Milk represents a deluxe remedy for peeling fingertips. Prior to hitting the sack, drink a glass of warm milk and some honey. This should aid you to relish better and relaxing sleep while also dealing with skin dryness.
As milk equals as a natural skin moisturizer, you can additionally use milk over the involved skin. For this treatment, utilize milk having higher fat content.
- Mix 2 tablespoonfuls of milk and 1 tablespoon of honey. Put on this mixture on the skin and massage lightly. This will assist the skin contain moisture.
- An alternative choice is to soak your fingers in warm milk for as long as 10 minutes every day and then rinse it using water.
- Follow through with a moisturizer or just vitamin e oil. You can also use milk
for dark underarms, itchy eyes, heartburn, tanned skin, boils and abscesses.
6. Aloe Vera
A simple treatment for dealing with peeling fingertips is to employ pure aloe vera gel. Aloe vera contains chilling and soothing characteristics that will help to address dry, painful or irritating peeling fingertips. It can also seal in moisture and protect the skin from several cases of infection.
Press out the succulent gel from an aloe vera leaf and use it on the involved skin a couple of times a day.
You can also take 2 tablespoons of aloe vera juice every day.
Note: drinking aloe vera gel could have a laxative result so don't drink excessively. Additionally, women shouldn't drink it while in pregnancy and breastfeeding. You can also use aloe vera for chest acne, blood blisters, brown spot on skin, hair loss, diabetes, itchy eyes, tanned skin, heartburn and puffy eyes.
7. Olive Oil
Olive oil makes up a good moisturizer for dry skin. Soaking your fingers in warm olive oil can deeply moisturize and then nurture your skin. Being high in vitamin e, it should also encourage skin healing.
- Slightly heat 1/2 cup of extra-virgin olive oil inside a microwave or double boiler.
- Pour out the warm oil into a bowl and add together 3 drops of lavender essential oil.
- Soak your dried fingertips using the warm oil for 10 minutes.
- Slowly wash your hands using lukewarm water, pat dry then use some moisturizer. You can also use olive oil for hair loss, foot tendonitis
Honey contains healing and moisturizing properties which could assist to soothe and protect peeling fingertips. Personifying a natural antibacterial, it should also stop infection.
- Rub a tiny quantity of pure honey along the inflicted skin. Let it work for as long as 10 to 20 minutes prior to washing it using lukewarm water.
- A different alternative is to ready a mixture of honey and olive oil and use it on to the skin every day in order to make it soft and supple.
- You could also create a mixture of 2 tablespoons of sandalwood powder, 2 or 3 teaspoons of rosewater and some honey then use them on the involved area. Give it time for as long as 20 minutes and then wash it using warm water and a mild soap. You
can also use honey for pimples, bed wetting, high blood pressure, cracked heels and common cold.
9. Mint Juice
Mint juice contains several medicinal properties and can be utilized to deal with peeling fingertips. It also acts as a great natural moisturizer. This treatment aids to address skin dryness and additional skin conditions like eczema.
- Draw out the juice of some fresh mint leaves.
- Prior to sleeping, use this mint juice everywhere on the affected skin.
- Let it work all night.
- The following morning, rinse the skin using lukewarm water.
Banana pulp could also be employed to help mend peeling fingertips as it's another excellent ingredient for moisturizing the skin. You can mix it with sour cream, sugar and olive oil to facilitate your skins natural healing faster.
- Mix the pulp of a ripe banana, some sour cream, a pinch of powdered sugar and then 1 tablespoonful of olive oil. (Rather than banana, you could also utilize the pulp of a ripe avocado.)
- Use this mix on the involved skin for at the least half an hour.
- Wash and pat dry your hands entirely and then use some moisturizer.
- Repeat every day for a couple of days. You
can also use banana for high blood pressure, diarrhea.
- Drink a good deal of water the entire day to maintain your skin hydrated.
- Moisturize your peeling skin with a moisturizer, hand lotion, or just vitamin e oil later each wash.
- Don't rinse your hands too frequently.
- Protect your hands by having on cotton-lined rubber gloves while washing dishes or doing additional chores which endanger your hands to harsh chemicals.
- Admit a lot of vitamin a, c, and e rich foods in your diet; dry, rough skin is frequently a sign of vitamin a deficiency.