This happens once the eyes start to swell for several reasons, which includes excessive crying, extreme physical stress, genetics, dermatitis, hormonal alterations in the body, a change in weather, sinus problems, hangovers, bad diet, lack of sleep and certain allergic response.
Puffy eyes can have you appear tired and ill. But you could easily get rid of them using a few simple, natural home remedies.
Here are the top 10 ways to eliminate puffy eyes.
To remain considerably hydrated, drink at the least 8 to 10 glasses of water daily. Additionally, you must bring down the quantity of salt you consume to cut down water retention in the body. Also, stay off from caffeinated and carbonated beverages that could be dehydrating. You can also use water for foot tendonitis, UTI, diarrhea and itchy eyes.
2. Cold Spoons
This simple home remedy is astonishingly really effective. It should help tighten the skin around your eyes in addition to relaxing the blood vessels, thus giving relief to puffy and tired eyes.
Cool down 5 or 6 metal spoons inside your refrigerator for 10 to 15 minutes.
Hold the rounded portion of one of the cold spoons against your eye for a couple of minutes just until the spoon gets warm.
When the spoon warms, substitute it with another cold one from the refrigerator.
3. Tea Bags
Be it green tea bags or black tea bags, both could assist to comfort puffy and irritated eyes. They carry anti-irritant characteristics that helps to bring down swelling around your eyes. They could also alleviate redness and inflammation.
- Place 2 used tea bags inside the refrigerator for half-hour.
- Lie down and order the tea bags on the top of your eyelids.
- Leave it in place for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Repeat a couple of times a day.
Cooled cucumbers constitute an excellent remedy for dealing with puffy eyes. The enzymes and the astringent contents in cucumbers assists to bring down inflammation and aids to tighten the skin. This treatment can also help to do away with wrinkles and dark circles around your eyes.
- Cut a cucumber to thick slices.
- Cool down the slices inside the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Put the cold slices on your eyelids for around 10 minutes or just until they get warm.
- Repeat the process numerous times a day. You can also use cucumber for blood blisters, peeling fingertips, tanned skin, pimples, dark underarms, dark circle and itchy eyes.
5. Egg Whites
Egg whites bear skin-tightening contents that can assist to eliminate under-eye bags as well as helps to reduce wrinkles.
- Remove the yolks from 2 eggs and then place the whites in a bowl.
- Whip the egg whites completely until you incur a stiff consistency.
- Mix a couple of drops of witch hazel, a natural skin-tightening astringent.
- Utilise a brush or soft cloth to apply this mixture below your eyes and leave it to dry.
- Leave it to work for about 15 minutes.
- Repeat this every day for a few days.
Exactly like cucumbers, potatoes are also good in doing away with puffy eyes. The starch exisiting in potatoes has anti-inflammatory characteristics that helps to bring down under-eye bags. This treatment is also useful for fading dark circles under eyes.
- Peel, wash and then dry a medium-size potato.
- Grate the potato and place the shavings in a clean cloth and then tie it up.
- Put this cloth on the top of your eyelids for a few minutes.
- Fo this process numerous times until the puffiness lessens.You can also use potato for dark circle, black eye, dark underarms, itchy eyes and tanned skin
7. Cold Water
If you've gotten sleepless nighst and have contracted with puffy eyes, cold water is just what you require to deal with them. The cold should help to constrict the blood vessels and decrease swelling.
Wash your face with a few splashes of ice-cold water. Do this a couple of times the entire day as required.
You could additionally use a tiny bag filled with ice, enclose it in a washcloth and put it over your eyes. Repeat as needed until the swelling has passed. You can also use ice for mucous cyst, blood blisters, foot tendonitis, black eye, itchy eyes, and pimples.
8. Salt Water
Hot water and salt also acts as a simple treatment to help bring down swelling and puffiness below your eyes. The salt water helps to eliminate the fluid retention in a sense like osmosis.
- Mix ½ teaspoon of salt in a bowl comprising of a quart (4 cups) of water. Be sure the water isn't too hot.
- Soak cotton balls or wool eye pads in the warm saline water and put them over your eyelids for a couple of minutes.
- Repeat the process for 15 to 20 minutes. You can also use salt for ear infection, itchy eyes and mucous cyst.
The alpha hydroxy acid exisiting in strawberries could aid to have skin appear smooth and young. It also assists to bring down under-eye puffiness and swelling.
- Cool a few strawberries in the refrigerator for half-hour.
- Get rid of the tops and cut them into thick pieces.
- Lie down and put the slices below your eyes for a few minutes.
10. Aloe Vera
The antioxidants and vitamin e existing in aloe vera is powerful in cutting down puffiness around the eyes and also prevent wrinkles and fine lines.
Using aloe vera gel on the region below your eyes will boost blood circulation and flush out the fluids around the eyes, therefore bringing down swelling.
When applying the gel, you must be really cautious so that it doesn't get in your eyes. If you don't possess pure aloe vera gel, you could utilise whatever skin care products that has aloe vera gel or extracts.
To finish, next time you've gotten puffy eyes, you can easily have them disappear using whatever of these home remedies. Even so, whenever you go through puffiness below the eyes for no apparent reason and it's followed by pain, irritation and blurred vision, consult your doctor at once. You can also use aloe vera for chest acne, blood blisters, peeling fingertips, brown spot on skin, hair loss, diabetes, mucous cyst, tanned skin, and itchy eyes.